Cat lovers have the opportunity to experience something unique in a coffee shop in Medellin, Colombia In fact, in this place cats roam freely among customers for the purpose of drinking or having lunch and dinner. This cafeteria is called La Gatoria and all the cats here are sick, abandoned or in distress and have the opportunity to adopt them.
Inside the restaurant, cats can play with customers or relax in a chair for a hug. They all have different personalities and some prefer to be the center of attention, as shown by several photos posted on social networks. However, sometimes consumers need to be careful not to leave food unattended as it could be stolen by cats.
It all started seven years ago when Liliana Zuluaga started volunteering and helping cats with leukemia. Five years ago he funded the creation of a foundation for cats and the opening of La Gatoria Cafe. The woman said the house currently has about ten cats and it is possible to adopt each of them.
Some have already been adopted. For example, a kitten named Ophelia has recently begun the process of visiting and getting to know her new owners before being adopted. The kitten was saved from a bad situation, and although Liliana enjoyed keeping him with her in the coffee shop, she later decided to leave him for adoption. Thanks to the presence of cats, the place has become famous and attracts more and more visitors, with the aim of making everyone aware of the protection and welfare of animals.
Follow LaZampa.it on Facebook (click here), Twitter (click here) Instagram (click here)
Don’t miss the Lazamper best news and stories, subscribe to the free weekly newsletter (click here)
– Here is Renato, a serial hoarder of animals that is now looking for a new life
– The Ukraine war and veterinarians (and others) who do not abandon dogs, cats and animals in danger
– A woman pays $ 25,000 to clone her cat and the controversy begins
– Morag’s new life, the “100-year-old” cat
– The bear Juan Carito Miela returns to nature for free, since March 6 he has been in the Palena Wildlife
– Toby, the dog was adopted on Saturday afternoon and sent back to the shelter on Monday, had a second chance
– So a cat found in a bush has become a dog’s best friend
– Bartolo dogs and fear of silence
– King, nobody wants a pet bull dog because of its breed and impressive appearance
– The Story of the Dog Betty: From the Nosera Superior’s Escape from the Bombs in Ukraine
. “She has been crying ever since the dog entered my life.”
– Thor’s story: The dog guarded by parkkeepers at Casselle Romani Park is still in the cage
– A mother and daughter have rescued more than forty cats through rehabilitation
– The story of the cat Eli, preserved with his mother and siblings: he has a bad wound on his leaf
– Cat kills Pierre Luigi in Lex, he attacks hospital doctors and nurses
– Strange complaint of a man to the police: “A cat stole my shoes”
– Here’s Patron (Bullet), the mascot dog of the Ukrainian bomb squad: he has an indomitable nose for Russian mines
– Sweet in a photo in Ukraine: Irpin paralyzed by a dog, a man stops to comfort him
– Cats abandoned by fleeing refugees thus bring relief to Ukrainian troops in the trenches
– Here is Lilibet, the “most elegant cat in the world” who lives in a luxury hotel.
– “Too much junk food from tourists”, cat catfish suffers from celebrity Machiavelli in Pixar movie “Luka”
– Orsi del Trentino, State Council rejects appeal against murder: “Provision is inconsistent, ignores specific assessment”
– Lela’s happy ending story, the cat who came to Italy with his family from Ukraine went missing and was found
– Bombs, shelter and the fear of escape: this is how Stepan, the one million follower cat, talks about the war in Ukraine.
– Happiness in a photo: Ukrainian boy finds his lost cat at Polish border
– The story of the dream, the dog with the mouth distorted by a fireworks that tries to make his dream come true
– “So I adopted Marcel, the dog who saved my life in Ukraine”
– Vaguito, the dog that looks out to sea, waiting for its fishermen to return
– Kiev angels: “This is how we save the dogs and cats that their owners fled from Ukraine and kept at home”
– A missile destroys his house and kills 5 family members, only to find his cat Mishka alive when he returns to the wreckage.
– A woman walks 17 kilometers carrying her elderly dog on her shoulders to escape from Ukraine: “I couldn’t leave my puppies”
– The story with a happy ending for Baldassar, the dog abandoned “because it stinks” found a house thanks to LaZampa.it