Among the heroes, who often remain in the shadow of Ukraine’s aggression, is, of course, Jacob Kotovich, a veterinarian who risked his life to save hundreds of animals trapped in the war.
The 32-year-old traveled to the conflict zone by joining a caravan from Prajemisal on the Polish border. One task that has led him to rescue about 200 cats and 60 dogs from Lviv in the last two weeks and more: Rescued animals include Sasha, a two-month-old pygmy goat whose legs were damaged and he now shares the kennel with other Chihuahuas. . The veterinarian has already decided to keep and adopt.
The journey of salvation, which lasted five days without ever being able to sleep, was as dangerous as it was complicated, and the animals suffered severe stress. Something. Sadly, they too were seriously injured and the veterinarian was forced to drop them off. But instead many have been saved and will now have to go through a long and intense rehabilitation process to settle in Europe. There is also the story of a happy ending, as in the case of the two cats who found their Ukrainian owners.
The Ada Foundation, an animal rescue charity founded by Jacob when he was 17, bought a cart for a seven-year-old dog named Vira with a bullet in his spine. He, like other injured animals, is being treated at a private veterinary clinic available to the organization: the Ada Foundation, which is considering buying a new ambulance and converting a pizzeria into an extra space to house animals, already has a “dog village”. , Where four-legged friends may become accustomed to the furniture used as sofas and tables, and may be observed by potential owners.
In addition to the grants received, volunteers from Denmark, Ireland, Canada and the United States have come to help the veterinarian and his staff. Everyone is ready to take care of these animals and pass the trauma that war has given them.
Follow LaZampa.it on Facebook (click here), Twitter (click here) Instagram (click here)
Don’t miss the Lazamper best news and stories, subscribe to the free weekly newsletter (click here)
– Food and medicine provided at the shelter of Andrea Cisterino of Italy, who cares for dogs, cats and other animals in Ukraine
– The story of Ophelia, she creeps into the grave of a family dog for adoption and finds a home
– The Tubs Cat’s Bad Adventure: After just six hours in her new home, she disappears and is stuck in a wall
– A three-legged tiger holds Thailand in suspense
– 20-year-old killed by a pack of dogs in Catanzaro area, owner of animal arrested for killing animal
– Ukrainian troops rescue Bavaria, a dog lying in the rubble of a village house near Kiev
– The big brain saved the elephant and the polar bear from extinction
– The story of the pressure, the stray dog that takes people to Ukraine before the siren sounds
– At the age of two, he runs away from his vacation home, they see him playing with his neighbor’s dog.
– Aldo and Corsaro, two dogs abandoned by their predators: the first because they are lame, the second because they are blind
– A mother rescues cats that would otherwise die in the crowd shelter
– The story of Jill Horstman, the woman who sacrificed her life to protect the squirrel
– Dogs and cats fleeing the war: iconic images from Ukraine
– Cat Orazio, destined for Euthanasia, was rescued by an extraordinary intervention: “The operation was performed only nine times in the world.”
– Two solitudes that come face to face. Pluto and his second chance
– Bobby, the blind dog with the “longest tongue in the world” that no one wants to accept
– The story of Georgina, a dog tied to a boat in Sicily and the story of her trip to Turin
– Genetic manipulation can create an anti-allergic cat
– Minu and Budget, owner The cats have been left alone since hospitalization in an RSA
– The woman who goes into the frozen water to save the animals
– Here is Renato, a serial hoarder of animals that is now looking for a new life
– A woman pays $ 25,000 to clone her cat and the controversy begins
– Morag’s new life, the “100-year-old” cat
– The bear Juan Carito Miela returns to nature for free, since March 6 he has been in the Palena Wildlife
– Toby, the dog was adopted on Saturday afternoon and sent back to the shelter on Monday, had a second chance
– A Colombian coffee shop allows customers to meet the possibility of adopting sick and abandoned cats
– So a cat found in a bush has become a dog’s best friend
– Bartolo dogs and fear of silence
– King, nobody wants a pet bull dog because of its breed and impressive appearance
– The Story of the Dog Betty: From the Nosera Superior’s Escape from the Bombs in Ukraine
. “She has stopped crying since the dog entered my life in Baldasar.”
– Thor’s story: The dog guarded by parkkeepers at Casselle Romani Park is still in the cage