The metal door is decorated with two dogs talking to each other looking at each other. The rest have bright colors, as is often the case in shelters to create a place where dogs are cared for by volunteers so that someone is more welcoming to their visitors. But behind that door is hell, where dogs have been slaughtered for a month without drinking water.
They found and filmed two volunteers returning to the canal in Borodianka, Ukraine. This was their first thought as the city was liberated from Russian occupation.
In the first cage they can reach there are three dogs, two are still alive, the other is lying on the ground. This is a prediction of a horror movie that they will soon find out: no one has taken care of them for over a month. Neither municipal managers, nor volunteers or locals. And so the dogs were trapped in their cages. When the volunteers rushed to the scene to describe the horror, two words could be heard: the desperate barking of animals and the desperate cries of those making the picture.
More than 300 dogs die of starvation at a shelter in Borodianka, Ukraine
And then the horror turns into reality: the volunteers collect the lifeless carcasses of the dogs, loading them into ten, fifteen carts at a time. And then they pile them up in a room on top of each other, perhaps then to burn their bodies and prevent the spread of disease.
The death toll speaks of a true genocide: out of 485 dogs, only 150 survived. And many of those who survived this hell are still in dire straits: 27 Emergency care is needed.
“Some dogs have survived, but many animals are in critical condition, on the verge of death or in need of emergency care. Everyone has severe dehydration and fatigue, and some dogs are no longer able to walk, says a Facebook worker.
Follow LaZampa.it on Facebook (click here), Twitter (click here) Instagram (click here)
Don’t miss the Lazamper best news and stories, subscribe to the free weekly newsletter (click here)
– Kira found, dog stolen from a house in Pavia area: Criminals broke in and reported
– Dog and cat milk siblings, children of two different mothers
– Food and medicine provided at the shelter of Andrea Cisterino of Italy, who cares for dogs, cats and other animals in Ukraine
– The story of Jacob, the veterinarian hero who risked his life to save dogs and cats injured in the war in Ukraine
– The story of Ophelia, she creeps into the grave of a family dog for adoption and finds a home
– The Tubs Cat’s Bad Adventure: After just six hours in her new home, she disappears and gets stuck in a wall
– A three-legged tiger holds Thailand in suspense
– 20-year-old killed by a packet of dogs in Catanzaro area, owner of animal arrested for killing animal
– Ukrainian troops rescue Bavaria, a dog lying in the rubble of a village house near Kiev
– The big brain saved the elephant and the polar bear from extinction
– The story of the pressure, the stray dog that takes people to Ukraine before the siren sounds
– At the age of two, he runs away from his vacation home, they see him playing with his neighbor’s dog.
– Aldo and Corsaro, two dogs abandoned by their predators: the first because they are lame, the second because they are blind
– A mother rescues cats that would otherwise die in the crowd shelter
– The story of Jill Horstman, the woman who sacrificed her life to protect the squirrel
– Dogs and cats fleeing the war: iconic images from Ukraine
– Cat Orazio, destined for Euthanasia, was rescued by an extraordinary intervention: “The operation was performed only nine times in the world.”
– Two solitudes that come face to face. Pluto and his second chance
– Bobby, the blind dog with the “longest tongue in the world” that no one wants to accept
– The story of Georgina, a dog tied to a boat in Sicily and the story of her trip to Turin
– Genetic manipulation can create an anti-allergic cat
– Minu and Budget, owner The cats have been left alone since hospitalization in an RSA
– The woman who goes into the frozen water to save the animals
– Here is Renato, a serial hoarder of animals that is now looking for a new life
– A woman pays $ 25,000 to clone her cat and the controversy begins
– Morag’s new life, the “100-year-old” cat
– The bear Juan Carito Miela returns to nature for free, since March 6 he has been in the Palena Wildlife
– Toby, the dog was adopted on Saturday afternoon and sent back to the shelter on Monday, had a second chance
– A Colombian coffee shop allows customers to meet the possibility of adopting sick and abandoned cats
– So a cat found in a bush has become a dog’s best friend
– Bartolo dogs and fear of silence
– King, nobody wants a pet bull dog because of its breed and impressive appearance
– The Story of the Dog Betty: From the Nosera Superior’s Escape from the Bombs in Ukraine
. “She has stopped crying since the dog entered my life in Baldasar.”
– Thor’s story: The dog guarded by parkkeepers at Casselle Romani Park is still in the cage