Ella and Lucy Hammerstrand spent Easter Sunday on the banks of the St. Croix River in Minnesota. They were accompanied by Gus, the beloved Golden Doodle who probably did not know that he would play the protagonist that day.
A six-year-old dog has only three legs after a cut to fight bone cancer. But despite all these health problems, including chemotherapy, Gus suddenly decides to throw himself into the very cold water of the river and swims about 15 meters.
A scene that surprised Ella and Lucy who didn’t even know the dog could swim. And their amazement increased when they saw him come back to shore with something in his mouth: “The first time he went swimming with three legs, he came out of the water with a baby camel in his mouth!” We tried to find his mother, but we couldn’t. ‘
So they wrapped the puppy in a blanket and rushed to the Minnesota Wildlife Rehabilitation Center (WRC) in Roseville. “She was really nice. Her eyes didn’t open yet … you could only see her little nails and her short tail. She almost looked like she had curled up like a little ball,” Ella said.
WRC staff estimates the puppy is about a week old, less likely to swim alone. Otters usually stay with their mother for the first year of their lives and so the center will take care of them.
“I think Gus knew he was in pain and something was wrong … then he got to eat a lot of good things as a reward,” Ella said proudly.
Follow LaZampa.it on Facebook (click here), Twitter (click here) Instagram (click here)
Don’t miss the Lazamper best news and stories, subscribe to the free weekly newsletter (click here)
– Cat escapes from Sima Bucha and gets lost, after 45 days he doesn’t come out of nowhere near home
– The story of Lucy, the cat hiding in Valentina’s travel bag, escaping from Ukraine
– “Taking care of his dog has given me the strength to start my life again”, the elderly neighbor’s moving letter
– Other armies: Volunteers risking their lives to help Ukraine’s dogs, cats and other animals
– The story of Willie the Trump, the dog that has been resting for 142 years getting an Englishman
– The United States, so a panicked cat has caused panic among the passengers of the United flight
– Tragedy in Uganda: A lioness and her two cubs were electrocuted, they were an endangered species
– Ukrainian cat and dog guardian angel Alexei, star of “Dancing with the Star” and three-time striptease champion
– Dog Mafalda and her noisy tumbling
– So Xenox, the huge cat with full eyes and full body, became the “Mayor of Hell” for a day
– Molpheta dedicates a plaque to Rufus, the dog that welcomes passengers to the station
– Maryland has become the second U.S. state to ban the cruel practice of declaring cats
– Kicking the house cat and slapping it, footballer Zuma will go to court
– The world’s largest wildlife bridge will be built in California
– Thieves rob and threaten some workers with knives, a dog chases him and interrupts
– The incredible story of Dexter, the one-eyed cat that disappeared five years ago and was found in an oil rig
– The tragic story of Murchik, the cat who survived the Russian bombing died shortly before returning to his Ukrainian family.
– 70 bullets were found in the abdomen and chest of a dog shot in the Oristano area
– The world’s oldest dog is Toby Keith, 21-year-old Chihuahua.
– So the dog helps to heal the wounds of war
– A stray dog rescued a 12-year-old boy in the rain on his way home from school: “It was an angel”
– Annette’s happy ending story, two-legged and two-wheeled dog
– Fiona, the dog that is bored and has Saturn against
– The faithful dog on the doorstep has been adopted for the slain owner in Rini, Ukraine
– Farewell to the dog Chunk, in 2015 he received the Camogly Loyalty Award for rescuing a little girl at sea
– A cat eats fifty hair bands, saved thanks to surgery
– So a dog in Brazil “attacked” a study of a sleeping program for sleeping
– Ukraine, the dog returned to the yard where his family and four-legged friend were killed
– The story of Artem, a cat fleeing Kyiv with an autistic child. In Italy the cat was then treated because it was positive for covid
– A man and his dog travel on a scooter and collide with a car, both die in the Neapolitan area
– Ukrainian refugees are welcomed at Mazara del Vallo for their passion for dogs
– He beats his partner on the street, but his friend’s dog saves him: one arrested in Rimini
– Here is Ivsei, the therapy dog who comforts war-wounded Ukrainian children
– Porthos, cat with “built-in navigator”: he was able to travel 20 kilometers from Turin to Vinovo and go home alone
– “With 50 dogs under the bomb for a week, half died of shock”, the dramatic story of the Chernihiv veterinarian
– The story of Simba, the cat that stayed in Lviv that hugged the owners again in Italy yesterday.
– The story of Ugor, the dog that has been digging since he entered the dugout, probably fleeing in search of happiness.
– War in Ukraine, why do Russians kill dogs and other animals?
– Dog massacre in Russia-Ukraine war: bomb wounded, killed along with their masters, but soldiers ate
– Lily and Bill, two dogs abandoned by the family due to old age and illness, have had their happy end in Modena.
– The dog must wear the “Elizabeth collar”, the owner does the same to keep her from feeling lonely.
– The dog’s happiness has just been released from the hospital when he sees his four-legged friend who never left him.
– Dog Furia has changed his life: from self-harm to the love of his new owner